Concord-Carlisle Unified Track and Field
Dear Students and Parents:
- Unified Track begins on April 28th
- The team is a Co-Ed team
- A 50/50 ratio of students with and without IDD (intellectual developmental disabilities)
- Once the competitive season starts, practices are held two times per week from 2:45 pm to 4:00 pm at CCHS or Emerson track
- Four practice meets (typically 2 home, 2 away) followed by a district qualifier and then a State Championship for those individuals who qualify.
- Students are not paired; they are teammates who mentor and coach each other as they train and compete together
- Competition is based on students of similar athletic ability in heats/flights
- All students’ performances count and potentially contribute to the team’s success, not just the fastest runners and longest throwers
- Unified Track is organized by the MIAA in association with the Special Olympics
- A user fee of $150 is required for registration/participation.