Thursday, March 9, 2023

A Sincere & Heartfelt Thank You

 All,


I write with mixed emotions after months of contemplation on my future as principal of CCHS. Recently I informed Dr. Hunter that I would not return as principal. I did not make this decision in haste, nor did it come easily. Considering my circumstances, contemplating whether or not to return weighed heavily on me for the entire school year.

Holding the position of principal of Concord Carlisle High School was a privilege and a job I held with pride. The job demands much from an individual, and it should, as we are educating and preparing kids to be their best selves, which will always be challenging and rewarding work.

If nothing else, my professional career has been less than traditional. At 47, I have spent 30% of my life as a high school administrator. As we all know, family is at the center of everything, and my circumstances require that I recalibrate my life personally and professionally. This decision comes with mixed emotions as I leave with great memories and relationships, but I am confident that I leave CCHS in the best of hands.

I have cherished my time at CCHS. I was embraced by teachers, staff, parents, and students from the very first day. I cannot say enough about the parent community. The support and care, the time and dedication parents consistently provide are equal parts remarkable and awe-inspiring.

I have said this many times during my 14-year tenure as principal, which spans three schools. The kids are the easiest and best part of this profession. The students of this school are remarkable in so many ways, not the least of which is their kindness and compassion. I will miss them. I do miss them.

To everyone, a sincere and heartfelt thank you for everything.  Hold a happy thought. 

My very best,


Michael J. Mastrullo

No comments:

Post a Comment